Friday, February 19, 2016

Feb. 8, 2016 - Heavenly Father wants us all back


LAST TRANSFER. AH. I bet y'all want to know where I'm going right? Not sure if I should even tell you. It's probably the BEST transfer call I have ever gotten. So perfect and so cool!! You ready???....I get to stay in Pampa with Sister Harvey for my last 7 weeks!!! I am so PUMPED! Sorry for the cheesy build up, but I cannot even express to y'all how much I wanted to stay in Pampa with Sister Harvey! I love it so much here and the work is just amazing. I have been BEAMING ever since they told us on Saturday night. AHH. So fun to me!

It was a good week! We got so much done, and somehow, finished really strong. It was such a productive week! Probably one of my favorite things this week was knocking into a Spanish speaking family! We normally don't find too many Spanish speakers, because they are all in the elder's side of Pampa. We only go there when we have set appointments with the people in their area that speak Spanish, but we decided to knock a house that stood out to us, and we met Myra! She is Catholic, faithful and amazing. We talked to her about temples and she loved it. We're going back tonight to teach more to her whole family and I cannot wait! Pampa is in desperate need of a Spanish branch and I am determined to help make that happen! I cannot even express how much I love teaching the gospel in Spanish. It's the same message, but it just fills my heart to share it with people in the language they best understand. 

Speaking of Spanish, we are also helping a family right now, and we had some great lessons this week with them! Normally when we go by, we only teach the mom, who was baptized 5 years ago. Her husband grew up in the church, so he's a member, but none of her kids are baptized yet. I really didn't realize that until this week.  This week things really started to turn around. We have begun teaching her 2 daughters that are old enough for baptism!! Plus, Sister Ortega really began to open up. Our lesson with her this week was a mess and it just seemed like anything we said wasn't making sense or a connection. I was so sad, and the only thing I could think of to say by that point, was my personal testimony of God's love and of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. The spirit came back so quickly as I bore my poorly worded, Spanish testimony, and all of our eyes all filled with tears. We're not quite sure yet how Sister Ortega needs to be helped to come back, but I do know that our Heavenly Father wants her back. He wants us all back! And it was such a sweet and special experience to feel His love coming through me to reach His daughter.

As for the rest of our investigators, keep praying for them! For Tim, Linda, Tricia, and the Sheltons! They are all making their slow progression, but they need a whole lot more than what I know what to do. That's one thing I have learned a ton about this transfer. I really never know what to do, but somehow, with constant effort and faith, He shows me what to do, and it is always better than anything I could think of or do on my own!

Last but not least, I wanted to share a few things I love with it being valentines week:)
I love my mission and what it is doing for me
I love Pampa and all the people here
I love this gospel
I love to share the joy that fills my heart from the peace of the spirit
I love my family who supports me in a my craziness
I love my companion, my sisters, and those the Lord has called to lead me
I love the temple
I love my Heavenly Father 
I love chocolate and Braums...way too much:)
I love letters in the mail

and most importantly, I love my Savior, Jesus Christ!

1 comment: