Monday, February 29, 2016

the smell of oil, the country life--it's way too perfect out here

Canyon exchange
Wow, I am seriously amazed at how time is picking up. It is just sliding through my fingers and I just want it to slow down! Pray for that for me, please:) I need to soak up every last second I have out here. And can I just say how happy I am that I actually get to stay in Pampa for the end. SUCH A BLESSING. Oh man, I love it here so much! We got to go visit with the bishop's family last night and I was just in heaven! The members, the people we teach, the smell of oil, the country life--it's way too perfect out here! [Gary worked at an oil refinery for five years after his mission. He LOVES the awful smell of crude oil!! Funny kids!]

Aaanyway, this week was crazy busy and crazy fun. We had zone training in Amarillo on Tuesday. It SNOWED the entire drive down there. But don't worry, it's nice and sunny again! I love the Panhandle for that reason. All sorts of weather in just like 2 days! That training was fun. The zone leaders for the Amarillo zone were pumped about the work and we all left ready to work! This work is exciting and I just love it so much! Sister Harvey and I got to instruct together at that training. SO MUCH FUN. I'm just much better at teaching when I have a companion:) And then at the end they had me share my farewell testimony AGAIN, luckily I didn't cry this time, but boy did I want to! The next day we had Zone Training in Borger. It is fun to me that I get to go back there some days:) And that training was fun too! I just love every second that I get as a missionary! 

Tuesday to Wednesday we were with the Canyon sisters on an exchange in Pampa! That was busy and fun! I was with Sister Camadeco and she is a hoot! And of course Baby Perez was there too and it is always amazing to catch up with her and see who she has become since her training days!

So, we have made a goal to do a lot more finding. We want everyone in Pampa to know about this glorious gospel! And by doing so, we have been able to find a ton more people, especially Spanish speakers. I LOVE TEACHING THE GOSPEL IN SPANISH. The gospel is true in English, but it feels even more true in Spanish. That doesn't even make sense, but I just love sharing it in Spanish! And it helps me remember how to be the kind of missionary the Lord wants me to be.

I love you all! I love this gospel. I love Pampa and I love this work! The people here are doing amazing. I wish I had more time to tell you all the miracles. But one is Jessica--she is inspired and ready! Pray for her!
Love y'all!!

Hermana Peck
Our investigator's pet goat!

No comments:

Post a Comment