Monday, March 7, 2016

He looked at us, and said so peacefully, "I believe that."


Hellooooo again! I am so pumped about this past week. Not that anything too mind blowing even happened, other than the fact that we have the amazing restored gospel and we get to share it with everyone! That is a miracle that I love and get to see every day! Wayy too fun. 

Anyway, before I forget, I have exciting news that mom will just love! Our investigators, the Chavez family, are hatching their own chicks and they hatched this week!! I got to see a bunch of new baby chicks and one in the middle of hatching. That was actually kinda gross, but still a cool thing to see! I just thought you'd like to hear that somehow you got me to love chickens mom.

Also, our investigator Tricia had her baby this week!! So fun to me! I just love families and they make me so happy! I can't wait to meet that sweet baby girl!

Typical missionary moment of the week...we were teaching a less active family and when we finished, they stated setting the table for dinner. Apparently we had missed the memo haha, but they had planned on feeding us. And then they pulled out my favorite...seafood soup, with octopus, lobster, and shrimp galore. Gotta love seeing tentacles sticking out of your food! But somehow, it was actually delicious this time! Yay for missionary work helping me grow up in all sorts of ways! But that seriously was a miracle that I liked it!

So, this week I did get sick, which kinda put a damper on my ability to be as perky as usual for a few days, but thankfully I had enough energy and strength that I could still get out and work. I may have prayed to not get sick when I get home, because so many missionaries do, but I can't get sick since I will be playing with Lindsey's little girl! So, that kinda backfired, and I got sick while in my last transfer, but I think I'm good now, so I won't get sick when I am home. Love the way Heavenly Father answers our prayers! He is so smart about it all. And I am already back and feeling normal, so that is so happy!

We had exchanges with the Dalhart sisters this week. I was with Hermana Wimmer and that was so fun! She has amazing Spanish, so we were able to go find a bunch of Spanish-speaking people to teach! We knocked on one woman's door, she was a Jehovah's Witness, but she let us in and we had a great conversation! She was actually a former of not too long ago, but the missionaries couldn't speak Spanish, so she had lots of great questions for us, and hopefully, we'll get to start teaching her officially this week. Also, another miracle! We were trying a potential who speaks Spanish, who wasn't home, but then we ran into her husband. He was kinda ranting about how all religions are the same, and how there is no point in him going to church, because he is a sinner and nothing can change him. My heart just broke for this man, but we refused to give up on him, so we promised him that our message is unique, true, and it will help him change if he lets it. So, he said we could come back! When we did, he was going on the same rant, because everything we were sharing at first, he said he already knew. So, I pulled out my Book of Mormon and shared my testimony of it. Before that Sister Harvey and I couldn't hardly get a word in, but after that he let us talk and had amazing questions! We've taught him another time since, and his wife even sat in! When we shared Joseph Smith's experience of reading James 1:5 and deciding to ask God which church he needed to join, Juan was half way out of his seat and just started asking, "so what happened?? Did he get an answer?", and when we shared the first vision, he looked at us, and said so peacefully, "I believe that." He was so excited about the message and so willing to study for himself to know the truth of the message. We are going again tomorrow and I am so excited! I love it when people see how amazing this message is!

On top of the amazing work this week, we got to go to the temple! It was our ward temple trip, so it was so much fun being with so many members that I love in the temple. And not only that, but the sisters from Borger, Portales and Carlsbad were there, so I got to hear all about my old areas. AND the Borger ward was there too, so I got to see soooo many more people that I just adore. I got to see the Longs, Karla, who we worked with basically everyday--she's amazing!, and also I got to see Mario, who I taught when I was in Borger! He was baptized the transfer or 2 after I left Borger, and it was such a blessing to see him in the temple! There is no greater joy than seeing those you teach grab onto the message and receive all the blessings that come with it! Wow, what a blessing that entire day was!

I just love every second here in Pampa. I am trying to soak up every second I have left! Love y'all so much!!
Hermana Peck

Wind storms bring new friends to our home:)

No comments:

Post a Comment