Wednesday, March 16, 2016

perfectly packaged lessons from Father

Hello! It has been a crazy morning for p-day, so time for this email is super short! But I just want y'all to know that pray is soooo real! I gave a talk on "reverence in prayer" yesterday, and it was so great. Maybe not all that I said, but everything I learned. As I have tried to really focus on showing and feeling love to Heavenly Father, my prayers are so much better, and so much more filling than ever before! He lives, He listens, He cares, and He loves us!

Anyway, time is just flying by and I am soaking in every second! I always thought I would be perfect as a missionary by now. Reality check big time this transfer when things aren't totally perfect. But one thing I love about it, is that I am still learning perfectly packaged lessons that Father in Heaven has for me. 

We had a rough day Saturday. We were all over town knocking, contacting, and trying former investigators, and nothing seemed to come of it! Sister Harvey and I were both so down. But we refused to give up, so we kept going until it was time to go home at night. And still, nothing. All day. I wanted to cry but I was so tired that I was asleep quickly. Sunday came and I just focused on the Sacrament and the blessing of being able to overcome hardships and weaknesses all day. The spirit was able to teach me all day because of it. Then, after church we got a text from a sister who recently moved here. She wanted to know when church was, so we gave her the info for next week and left it there. Later, we both felt like we needed to text her again and set a time to meet up. She was so happy and invited us for dinner! Then she informed us that her fiancee, who isn't a member, would be joining us. Not that I even know yet what will happen, but I can just feel it! Heavenly Father blessed us with a glimmer of hope and I can't wait to see what happens! It will be SO great! I just have really come to know that diligence brings amazing blessings. When we show the Lord we're willing to put in effort, He shows us that He is helping along the way too:) It is so sweet. 

The gospel is simply amazing! I love it and I looooove sharing it. 
I love y'all and love hearing from y'all too! Have such a happy week:)

Love,

Hermana Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment